Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Profiles and other Dark Thoughts!

What is the thought process behind some of the profiles people dream up?

How many times I'll see a profile that says (paraphrasing)

"I am a very nice person please do not contact me or I'll cut your pose balls off."
"I am so happy with my SL partner Prickly Rose." and in the partner box is a different name.
"I am a real person so please............" (are there robo handlers?)
"I don't take IM's so drop me a notecard" (I'd rather drop you from a high building)

Or the Picks page

One woman had 5 different picks. Each was a different male avie who was her 'soul mate'.
One Guy had three picks and they were all the same pick......BLANK!
Others fill in everything about themselves elsewhere and have no pix.

How about those who say their firstlife is very private and then have a link to their firstlife myspace page?

Do we still need the page that has boxes to check.

How about the firstlife page comments.

1. I made you look. (yeah and now I never want to know you)
2. taken in firstlife and secondlife (I wonder, Do people ask for marriage immediately in SL?

There is so much nonsense here to mine and I am doing that. LaurenLive 3rd Season (which will open late August or early September) will bring new meaning to SL Profiles.

Profiles I'd like to see.--- "
My firstlife name is Dexter. I am a serial killer. I am in SecondLife trying to recover. Please send me your firstlife address and phone number."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It never ceases to amaze me sometimes the stuff people put in their profiles, you've listed some of the more 'gentle' ones. I keep meaning to get into the habit of cutting and pasting a few and compiling a list. It would make great material for one of your shows. - Doran Carter xx

Josue Habana said...

Typical SL profile first page:

"MY IMS CAP! IF YOU IM ME I WILL CUT YOUR BOLLOCKS OFF. SEND ME A NOTECARD."

Picks are often song lyrics either demonstrating how terribly sad life is without their lost lover, how much they hate their ex or how amazing life is with current lover(s).

1st life tab:

"TOTALLY SEPARATE. DO NOT ASK."

People are predictable....

Paula and Elwood's Poetic Palace said...

LOL
Perfect post, Lauren
I have been known to "profile" and find it amazing when you see what people actually write.

Hugs

Miss you

Shay