Monday, October 29, 2007

What I Did This Weekend

What an amazing weekend. After about two months of rehearsals every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday (about 9 hours per week for me, more for others) the Halloween Spooktacular three short plays were performed live in SL Voice on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. BTW, just found out the show was broadcast live in Amsterdam http://hoeksteen.wordpress.com/2007/10/27/de-hoeksteen-broadway-live/#comment-42

But the most important reason I am writing about this is to urge each of you who have wanted to try something creative in Second Life, go for it. Find it. This production was by ActUp. There is poetry with Blue Angel. Literary events and plays with SLiterary and many other groups to join and be a part of.

Look I had simply wanted to be the costume assistant girl. But, my friend asked me to come to the audition and watch. That was all until they needed someone to help read a part. Then I get asked a few days later if I would be in the show. I don't even know why I said yes. Especially since I ended up with two of my three parts as male (and with male av, shape etc). It took two bubble baths, two shampoos, shaving my legs and doing my nails to get that old man HG Wells out of my hair and body. Also to wash out Frankenstein's father too.

But what fun. And what a way to meet new people. The talent was amazing at all levels. The actors were Allie, Blaze, Bianca, Callie, Elyse, Paggles, Thorsson, Upo et moi.Writers Kierkan, Maxie, Taiga. Directors included Elyse, Eva and Marin. Sets by Bianca and Erlich. Costumes by Elyse and not me ;( And our Stage manager GOD Ashran. And the show was produced by Marin and Preston.

Think about all of us and the audience needing their internet connections, computers, SecondLife functioning. Oh yes, there were snags. Eva had to substitute for Allie when Allie's sound crashed. Elyse was on stage blind. Callie got locked behind a prim. And many other little things happened that I don't think the audience really noticed. (Like Pags had to get me to unmute in our scene together)

So, go out and be apart of SecondLife arts. Hey, I still found plenty of time to go shopping, visit new sims and do a few of my comedy routines. (And i'm doing three shows this week).

Finally, I have been getting some feedback. Some laudatory and some constructive criticism. I thank you all for that. Oh and btw if you have a funniest time in SL or a funny thing happened to you at the mall. Even if just your thong made you laugh, let me know.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, did anybody get the show on mp3??? Cause I couldn't be there, and I WANTED to be there, and I totally missed it and I WANNA HEAR IT! :P

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.